Tel: +32 (0)9 312 30 05
ABOUT Véronique Pede
Véronique Pede (born 1971), co-founder of CAPE IP Law, has vast experience as an intellectual property litigator in different kinds of industries including electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, food, textile, packaging, pharma, biotech and software since more than 20 years. She is passionate about patent, design, trademarks and advertising law.
Véronique holds a law degree from the University of Leuven (1994) a Diploma in Legal Studies from King’s College London (1993) an LL.M. from Northwestern University in Chicago (1995), as well as a Master degree in Intellectual Property from the University Brussels (KUB, 2000).
She is a member of the Kortrijk and the Ghent bar and serves in various professional organizations, including AIPPI, BMM, UNION and LES. She currently serves on the Design Commission of UNION.
Véronique co-authored a reference book on Belgian patent law, Octrooien in België, een praktische leidraad (2016). Representing a packaging manufacturer in a cross-border patent litigation, including coordination of proceedings in other jurisdictions and defending legal issues before the EPO;
Significant recent matters include:
- Representing a packaging manufacturer in a cross-border patent litigation, including coordination of proceedings in other jurisdictions and defending legal issues before the EPO;
- Representing a machine manufacturer in a trademark and unfair competition case, including referral to the CJEU;
- Representing a biotech company in various patent litigations and arbitration before the ICC and the Belgian Constitutional Court;
- Representing a machine manufacturer in a cross-border patent litigation, including an international defense strategy;
- Representing a tool manufacturer in a design litigation resulting in a EU wide injunction;
- Representing a toy manufacturer in Anton Piller Orders resulting in settlement negotiations;
- Representing a textile manufacturer in different design and copyright infringement proceedings;
- Representing different breweries in their trademark strategy, including filing of Anton Piller orders, proceedings, negotiations and transfer of trademarks;
- Representing a player in the food industry on misleading advertising;
- Representing an important player in the semiconductor industry with patent strategy and in drafting and negotiating licensing contracts worldwide;
- Representing different international companies in distribution matters worldwide, including a referral to the CJEU.